Woodland West’s Mission Statement
Woodland West community exist to provide all students with explicit and systematic standards-base instruction so that all students can reach their maximum, academic potential.
Woodland West’s Vision Statement
Woodland West Elementary envisions a positive and supportive partnership with all stakeholder (parents, students, teachers, and all community members) that will provide a safe and nurturing learning environment to establish a solid, academic, emotional, and social foundation where all students will demonstrate mastery or above on all essential standards in every subject as they continue to achieve academic excellence.
To provide an informed, concerned, and motivated faculty and administration who will work collaboratively for all students.
- To develop good citizenship and a caring, cooperative attitude among the student body by serving as role models.
- To develop the whole student by providing academic and personal guidance, physical training, and extra-curricular activities.
- To help students develop respect for authority and the rights of others.
- To create a climate for self-motivation so the student is an active participant in the learning process.
- To provide for individual differences by using multiple teaching techniques and materials so that the students may grasp concepts and learn at their own rate.
- To create an environment conductive to learning in the individual classroom through the use of bulletin boards, classroom libraries, and other attractive and informative educational materials.
Jefferson Parish Public School System’s Vision
Our vision is that JPPSS will foster the best-educated generation that the parish has ever seen.
- All children deserve a high-quality education that develops their unique talents and builds upon their individual strengths.
- All children can learn, a belief confirmed by recent growth in student performance.
- Children’s academic success should not be determined by their race or socio-economic background.
- All children deserve excellent teachers who provide personalized instruction that will allow students to perform at a basic level or above.